Saturday, July 9, 2011

Colossal Con 2011, Success/Colossal Con 2012, An Upcomming Plan

Colossal Con 2011
____________________________________________________________________
OH. MY. GOD. Wow, that was incredible, SO incredible in fact, ladies and gentlemen, it's taken me a whole month to recover. *To explain my noticeable absence* So, let me explain the full details. I was dressed up as Grell Sutcliff (I barely got the costume home made in time!)

I went to 2011's Colossal Con held in Sandusky, Ohio on the 4th of June. This was my first time ever cosplaying and first time ever going to an Anime Convention. I took my trusty sidekick *go ahead, Rukia, kick me for calling you a trusty sidekick* AKA known on here as "Rukia" and we set out for an adventure of a life time. *She was Rukia too*

As soon as we arrived, we were grouped up to a Urahara cosplayer, very VERY nice to us in line! He really was Urahara from Bleach, he looked and sounded JUST like him! After we paid admission, we made our way through, being total geeks going "Hi Sebastian!" or "Hi Ulquiorra! We love you!" or whatever. I DID see a Sebastian cosplay in the Dealers' room, and Rukia dared me to say "Sebas-chan~!" to him like Grell did in the show. So I waved my hand and did it. He looked at me weirdly and then grinned when we started laughing.

Oh, the Dealers' room. The room filled with Anime EVERYTHING and an Otaku's dream world. Yep, I could've spent hours in there looking at swords, fans, kimono's and Anime related merchandise. A real metal sword for only 44$? EPIC. So we stayed in there for a LONG time, and I found a slip of paper for some other convention on the the hallway *TAKE NOTE OF THIS SLIP OF PAPER* and I went down one of the hallways that was passing Vic Mignongia's *that's a hard last name* Autographing station when I saw a famous man in the hallway.

For you see, the man who plays Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club in English Dub, not to mention English Sebastian Michaleis (dunno how to spell) from Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji. I LOVE his voice, his name is J. Micheal Tatum, and i saw a video of him putting on a cosplayers boot. So I remember peoples faces well, next thing I know I was going down Colossal Con's hallway and I see him standing in the hallway, talking to somebody!

When he was done, I said "Are you J. Micheal Tatum?" and Rukia was confused at first, then he turned around and said "Ah! Grell-san! How are you today?" to me in Sebastian's voice! That's when Rukia realized that it was him and began to freak out as I said "Can I get an autograph?" he said "Sure!" and grabbed my back and took that little slip of paper from my hand and said "Can I borrow your back for a second?" Rukia was going nuts in the background *Well, you WERE Rukia!* and sighed that little slip of paper. I forgot a picture though. :( Oh well, there is next year!

____________________________________________________________________
Colossal Con 2012
So, next year we're going to Colossal Con 2012 for sure. Next year will be more planed out, and way more efficient than this years. I've already started planing my costume idea's and prices already! Next year for Colossal Con, I'm doing a duo cosplay with Rukia. We both decided we'll be Alice from Pandora Hearts. *SPOILER NOT REALLY ONE BUT STILL* Alice is a chain from Abyss *Our version of hell* and Alice is actually a twin. There is Alyss *The Will of Abyss, who controls Abyss* and Alice *B-Rabbit version* Here's the difference. Will of Abyss is white, while Alice B-rabbit is red and brown. Get it? Anyway, Rukia is being Will of Abyss/Alyss while I'll be Alice. so whenever someone says "Alice! Can we get a picture?" We'll reply "Which one?"

2 comments:

  1. "Rukia" here. I haven't checked on your blog for a while...but I see that you also like Bon Jovi, a fact that I failed to notice...and EVANESCENCE OH MY GOT AND LINKIN PARK! (I knew you liked Daughtry and Coldplay) ohmigod Kanon Wakeshima is awesome :) WAIT HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU LIKED MUSE AND NICKELBACK AND PARAMORE AND SKILLET?! I LOVE THEMM!!!!! Seriously I thought you didn't even know who they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THREE DAYS GRACE AND RED JUMPSUIT APARATUS!!!! AND WITHIN TEMPTATION!!! Sorry. I forgot to include them in the above comment.

    --Danni :)

    ReplyDelete